HARRISBURG, Pa. — Dairy youth will take center stage at the nation’s largest youth dairy competition later this month as the Premier National Junior Events gets underway as part of the All-American Dairy Show.
The show runs Sept. 16-21 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg.
Activities for this year’s events, themed “Legends of the Fall,” include shows, socials, a talent show, an art contest, as well as judging, herd management, and farm management contests. These activities strike a balance between education and entertainment, providing a blend of experiences for youth ages 8 to 21.
“There’s no better place to experience the best of the dairy industry while honing your skills in contests that test real-world dairy knowledge,” said Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding. “Whether you’re a student with an interest in the industry or an educator or volunteer looking for a unique experience for the kids in your charge, make the journey to the All-American and be a part of the Premier National Junior Events.”
“These kids are the future of our industry — they will be farmers, scientists, business owners, technicians, advocates and more,” said Pennsylvania Dairy and Allied Industries President Alan McCauley. “We give them tremendous opportunities here and now to give them the tools to lead the dairy industry into the future.”
• Premier National Junior Show check-in and welcome ice cream social: noon – 4 p.m. Sept. 16
• Legends of the Fall Youth Excellence Event featuring talent contest, sweepstakes giveaway and pizza party: 6 p.m. Sept. 16
• All-American Invitational Youth Dairy Cattle Judging Contest: 7:50 a.m. Sept. 18
• Premier National Junior Shows: 8 a.m., Sept. 18
• Premier National Junior Show Supreme Champion Pageant: 3 p.m. Sept. 18
• 4-H and FFA Dairy Judging Forum: 9 a.m. Sept. 19
• Junior Dairy Management Contest: 9 a.m. Sept. 19
• Premier National Junior Show Art Contest – displayed in the Dairy Activities Center. Entries due at show check-in.
• Youth Showmanship Contest: Sept. 17 at 9:30 a.m. Register for this event Sept. 16, from 4:30-6 p.m., or Sept. 17, from 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Contact the show office at email@example.com or call 717-787-2905 for more information.
Visit the newly revamped www.allamerican.pa.gov to find more details about the All-American Dairy Show.
Source: Lancaster Farming