Our hardworking dairy farmers are the backbone of their families and their communities, with the dairy industry generating about half of Wisconsin’s annual agricultural revenue at $45.6 Billion, and 16.4% of the state’s total.
In honor of National Dairy Month in June, Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin is encouraging community members to support these farmers—something that is especially important amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it presents the dairy industry.
“Wisconsin’s dairy farms are facing difficult circumstances right now,” said Suzanne Fanning, Senior Vice President of Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin and Chief Marketing Officer. “The single most effective way we can support our farmers is to buy and enjoy the nutrient-rich dairy products they produce.”
Here are a few ways you can stand united with your local dairy farmers:
• Use Wisconsin dairy products throughout June and try out new recipes full of these wholesome local ingredients.
• Look for the blue Proudly Wisconsin Dairy and Proudly Wisconsin Cheese Badges or plant number 55 while out shopping to know it’s made in Wisconsin.
• Attend one of the National Dairy Month celebrations happening throughout June, including grab and go breakfasts, virtual events and drive-thru farm tours.
• Meet and get to know a dairy farmer near you.
• Visit www.wisconsindairy.org to learn more.