A mum claims her daughter suffered serious food poisoning after consuming powdered milk from Woolworths.
The Home Brand product was included in the child’s evening meal on Tuesday and sent her into a distressing cycle of continuous vomiting that required her to go to hospital, according to a post to the retailer’s Facebook page.
Her mum, from Wynnum in Brisbane, Queensland, wrote on Wednesday that when she checked the best before date to see if the product was safe to consume, it had been rubbed off.
She added that the packet had only been purchased two weeks earlier, and when she mixed some up on its own, “it was off curdled”.
“Nothing more Un-Australian than Home Brand powdered milk going off, for real,” the mum wrote.
The mum also shared a photo of mixed batch of the out-of-date milk revealing its unsightly and chunky consistency.
Yahoo News Australia has contacted Woolworths for comment.
In a comment to the woman’s post, a Woolworths employee said the retailer was “very concerned about this matter” and that it wished her daughter a speedy recovery.
“We take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness this has been escalated for immediate investigation.
“We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.”