A mum claims her daughter suffered serious food poisoning after consuming powdered milk from Woolworths.
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
This was the milk the mum claimed gave her daughter food poisoning. Source: Facebook

The Home Brand product was included in the child’s evening meal on Tuesday and sent her into a distressing cycle of continuous vomiting that required her to go to hospital, according to a post to the retailer’s Facebook page.

Her mum, from Wynnum in Brisbane, Queensland, wrote on Wednesday that when she checked the best before date to see if the product was safe to consume, it had been rubbed off.

She added that the packet had only been purchased two weeks earlier, and when she mixed some up on its own, “it was off curdled”.

“Nothing more Un-Australian than Home Brand powdered milk going off, for real,” the mum wrote.

The mum also shared a photo of mixed batch of the out-of-date milk revealing its unsightly and chunky consistency.

Yahoo News Australia has contacted Woolworths for comment.

The mum said the best before date had been rubbed off the packet. Source: Facebook

In a comment to the woman’s post, a Woolworths employee said the retailer was “very concerned about this matter” and that it wished her daughter a speedy recovery.

“We take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness this has been escalated for immediate investigation.

“We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.”

Wisconsin dairies were among National Mastitis Council’s “cream of the crop” for producing quality milk during its Feb. 2 National Dairy Quality Awards program.

You may be interested in

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

To comment or reply you must 



Registre una cuenta
Detalhes Da Conta
Fuerza de contraseña